Saturday, February 9, 2013

Chicken, Green Beans and Potatoes


I've seen this recipe on a few different blogs and finally got around to making it the other night.  I've actually made it twice now and the whole family really likes it.  The first time through, I used frozen green beans.  While that was fine, it was much better with fresh green beans.  I also used a mix of white and red potatoes because that's what I happened to have on hand.  They both came out great, so I think you could use either...or both!  Now I need to look for a recipe to make my own Italian Dressing Mix.  I did cut back on the amount of butter from the original recipe (1/2 cup down to 1/4 cup) and I thought it was plenty.  Enjoy this comforting, one pot meal!

Green Beans, Chicken and Potatoes
adapted from Julie's Eats & Treats

4 medium potatoes, cut
2 c. green beans, cut
1 lb chicken breasts
1/4 c. butter
1 package Italian dressing mix

Cut green beans up. Fill half of the pan with green beans.
Cut potatoes up. Fill the other half of the pan with the potatoes.
Cover the vegetables with the chicken breasts.
Cut butter up and layer over the green beans, potatoes and chicken. Sprinkle Italian dressing over the entire pan. Cover with foil.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr.

 

2 comments:

  1. This looks too simple and good not to try!! Will make soon, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this for dinns tonight and it was delish. I used too few taters because I was using tiny baby ones and had no idea how many to use, so I just guessed, and it wasn't enough. So now I need to make it again. I wonder if chicken tenders would work (because I always have those on hand) or if they would over cook in an hour. The green beans were my fave part- need to make more of those too!

    ReplyDelete